Saturday, August 25, 2012

Color Dare #13 - Twilight, Sorbet, & Creme Brulee

I've got a question for everybody. Please respond in a comment with your opinion. What would you say if I opened up this color dare to everybody, not just those using CTMH products? I will still use current CTMH colors, but I will just say, "come as close as you can if you don't have the exact colors." Would that be a problem for anyone? Thanks for responding!

Congrats to the winner of last week's color dare: Romaine Rancier! I love Romaine's splatter effect and her pretty pins! She also got bonus points for attempting a one-layer card. Great job, Romaine!


Ruth's pick: Joyce Lau


Franny's pick: Lela N.


This week's colors are
Twilight
Sorbet
Creme Brulee

Lesson: Twilight, Sorbet and Creme Brulee are split complementary colors. They are shades of blue, red-orange, and yellow-orange. These colors look great with Saddle. Feel free to use your Clementine paper pack. You may also use any colors in our "basic" category.

Ruth made a beautiful layout using Clementine and the Make It From Your Heart book. She used Bingo and Trinity Alphabets, she made her own embellishments using the Clementine WOTG stamp set, and she used the exclusive 2012 convention stamp set (borrowed from me). Gorgeous!


Franny made a super cute card using Clementine.She hand stitched on the side and added Durables Studs. Adorable!


Here's the project of our guest designer from last week, Amie Kiger!
Aren't these teacher toolboxes adorable? You can find out more details on her blog.

Bonus Points: I made a card this week using the new Make it From your Heart how-to book. The artwork is GORGEOUS!!!!! I will give bonus points if you use a pattern from this book for your card or layout (bonus points are useful to me when choosing the winner, but not necessary).

Check out our side bar for complete rules and how to participate! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

6 comments:

  1. Love the DT inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say open up the challenge! Thanks ever so much for your blog, Sarah. It has been my pleasure to participate in each and every one to stretch my imagination. I am delighted and honored to be guest designer this week! Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, sure, open the challenge! The more the merrier! ;0)
    Awww, Thank-you for choosing my card from last week's challenge! Loved doing it! I have a couple things to choose from using this paper pack that I have not posted yet! Very timely. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,
    First, Thanks for the challenge. I like these colors individually but never use them as a combo. I like the combo!
    Second, to answer your question, I have mixed feelings. I am really happy to see a color challenge that is exclusive for the CTMH palette, but opening it up will generate more traffic and thus inspiration. No matter which way you go I'll love to participate the future challenges. Your effort is much appreciated. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a problem with it because if more people visit and join in, more people will see how awesome CTMH is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for offering this wonderful color challenge, Sarah! I like your suggestion to "come as close as you can if you don't have the exact colors." This may help out many that would like to join in but don't have one of the specific colors. :) Marie Flayer

    ReplyDelete