Friday, June 1, 2012

Color Dare #2

Hi and welcome back to the Color My Heart color dare! Thank you to everyone who participated last week and to our 74 followers! All the entries were purply and beautiful. :) I have chosen Cindy Leek as the winner! She made a beautiful card, and got bonus points for using a pattern out of Wishes and for using all current products. Head over to her blog to check it out!

This week's colors are analogous:
Moonstruck
Lagoon
Topiary
Pear

Lesson: Analogous colors are 2 to 4 colors that sit next to each other on the color wheel. In this case they are: Blue, Blue-Green, Green, and Green-Yellow. You do not have to use all of these colors, but if you only use 2 or 3, be sure that they sit next to each other. For example: use Moonstruck, Lagoon, and Topiary. Or use Lagoon, Topiary and Pear. Get it? I used all 4. I used Pear as the main color, then I accented with Lagoon and Moonstruck. Then I chose Topiary for the photo mats. You may use any neutrals from our Neutral palette. I used Chocolate, Bamboo, and White Daisy. I'm anxious to see how they look with other neutrals.

This pattern is Asymmetric from Cherish and I used a technique found on page 99 of Reflections called "Creating Customized Patterned Papers." I used some AP images in pear to decorate the Chocolate. I used Bamboo ink on Bamboo cardstock to random stamp some images. And I glued strips of cardstock onto Chocolate to create a striped paper. I am putting pictures of my nephew's funeral on these pages, and the colors match perfectly (I didn't put them on yet because I didn't think you'd like to see pictures of a baby in a casket. It's very sad).

Check out this layout from our newest design team member, Ruth Stith:


Ruth used the Lagoon B&T from Stella, and the Pear B&T from Lucy. For her neutrals she used Grey Wool, Black and White Daisy. Aren't her vellum-covered AP flowers beautiful? The layout she used was Sideline Surprise from Imagine.

If you are going to make a layout, you get bonus points if you use a pattern from one of our How-To books (Cherish, Imagine, Reflections, or Magic). And as always, bonus points if you use 100% current CTMH products.

Now start creating! You can create any type of project, as long as it has paper. Even StudioJ layouts are welcome. You have to use Close to My Heart products, but you may use other products as well. Take a photo of your project, post it to your blog, then link your blog post to the widget at the bottom of this page. Make sure to put our link in your blog post. Have Fun.

Materials used:
Paper: Chocolate, Bamboo, Pear, Lagoon, Moonstruck, Topiary, and White Daisy cardstock
Stamps: Dreamin' WOTG stamp set, Trinity Alphabet, and AP Celebrations
Ink: Chocolate, Bamboo, Versamark, Topiary, Moonstruck, Lagoon
Other: Chocolate Ribbon, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Miracle Chipboard Irresistables, Dimensional Elements Hearts, AP Cricut cartridge

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I put the name of the card that I made instead of my name for entry #5 where it asks for Link Title...um hope that is ok, or not quite sure what to do about it. A little help please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to play this week! No moonstruck, but am sure I have the other 3. :0)

    ReplyDelete